Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Went out with a bang

The long weekend was uneventful yet productive. Aside from Saturday evening, which I spent at Mi Luna (very nice, must do it again soon), I have remained a relative hermit for four days. There were trips to various necessary stores though, the video store several times, and there was a trip to Wal-Fart, sorry, it had to be done, I desperately needed a car charger and every where else was out of the model I needed.

My to-do list was drastically slashed I'm pleased to report. Here's the progress:
1) I finished the trim in the living room. I'm really pleased but I'm puzzled as to why the local authorities organized a fireworks display in my honor. It's not that much of a big deal!
2) I did vacuum the inside of my car. Well, okay, Jiffy Lube vacuumed the inside of my car. And it's still raining cats and dogs so I think that gives me a literal rain-check on washing the exterior.
3) I got the oil changed. I feel much better as I'm sure does my car.
4) I didn't get around to trimming the front yard. Rain-check again, understandable.
5) I did repot my plants. And picked up a couple of fillers for the big tub by the back door. It looks nice.
6) I didn't get to replant the front yard. That my take some time as it's a big time commitment.
7) I sorted through the closets but only came up with half a dozen items for the consignment store. I also found 16 books that need to be dropped off at 1/2 Price Books. Next weekend.
8) I got my haircut. You can't really tell though. Chris and I agreed we like the length so a slight trim was all that was needed. Shame they don't trim anything off the price.
9) I haven't spent much time on the computer. This is it actually, so I haven't researched potential State Governors.
10) Ditto number 9 for Vernon Robinson. But I did finish Lincoln: The Untold so I feel I got the political dose required for my four days.
11) Book reviews. See below as promised...

No comments: