Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Milk, no sugar

Well, it looks like this weekend won't be so much fun... duty calls, again. It gets kind of frustrating when you have to put work before everything else for an extended period of time(including the last weekend you get to spend with your son for four weeks). After the $hitty week I had last week I was looking forward to a break from the stress of deadlines and those who thrive on last minute preparations, but I don't think that will be happening. All that makes me smile was not lost from my day however, I did get to visit with the always frank, genuine and helpful Councilmember Brown in none less than Mayor White's cloakroom! Fancy that. We had to extract Mr. Brown from his council meeting, which meant a trip to the depths of City chambers, and the only meeting space available was ol' Bill's green room :) FYI those of you who've never visited City Hall, it's decorated in a very weird art-deco fashion. Not that art-deco is weird, it just doesn't seem like the style one would choose to adorn a public building for years and years. Not my cup of tea at all. In fact, it's kind of like adding two spoons of sugar; why would anyone do that?

P.S. I won't waste an apology to those of you who think Peter Brown isn't worth a second kipper at breakfast; I happen to like the man.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I’m glad you sent me the link to this site. Its great to catch up with you, I haven’t seen or spoken to you in forever. It looks like things are going great for you, lots of work and lots of play. I wish I were closer so we could get together, maybe I’ll plan a trip down to Houston in the near future : ) It’s been too long. T.

Anonymous said...

i am envious about your trip to the green room. what an adventure. did you see the Donovan paintings? for the record, I like my tea hot, strong and soothing....

Maybelline said...

The only paintings I remember where actually in the Mayor's cloakroom; they looked like little kids' paintings and they were framed. I commented on them to KG. I think there were six of them. Sorry to be ignorant of (Mr?) Donovan...

Anonymous said...

Whoops, not Donovan, I meant Donellan.