Saturday, July 02, 2005

Just very quickly...

I TOOK the pooches to the vet today. Man, do they have some get-rich-quick scheme going on! $512 for two examinations w/shots, one dose of anti-biotics for some itchy back-scabs, one dose of worming medicine, and six-months each of flea/worming prevention medication. If they weren't so darn lovable...

I RECENTLY received a new mentor. It's a great opportunity to learn business development from someone with mucho experience. But. Now I have to answer the following:
Why are you here...and WHO ARE YOU?
Personal and professional statement of purpose
Personal and professional vision and mission statements
List of personal goals for the next 12 months
List of professional goals for the next 12 months
Pressure. Help!

I'M CURRENTLY reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I thought I'd better get it finished before The Half-Blood Prince comes out. So far it's good. I think each one is a little more enjoyable than the last. Maybe it's because you get to know the characters so well; each time feels like coming home.

THE NEW job is...well, I don't really know what to say. It makes a nice change to be away from you-know-where. And I did expect it to be chaotic and frustrating at first. So let's just say, it is. There is hope on the horizon though. I see things shaping up nicely. And now that Andrés and I have been reunited, all smells rosy.

THAT'S MY news de jour.

No comments: