Friday, May 06, 2005

Dr. Jimothy asks "Who is Dr. Who"? Well...

There’s a Tardis in my office. Well, not in my office, but in the adjoining office. It disguises itself as a cabinet for storing architectural drawings, but it’s way too suspicious for my liking. The first piece of evidence is that it stands well away from any wall, it’s just right there, a foot or so off the beaten path to the restroom. Why, I ask it, is it not leaning up against a wall, like any normal, well mannered cabinet? It doesn’t answer. The second evidentiary matter is that it’s around the size of a police call box (an English one); the dynamics just perfect for quantum leaping. Is it the original Tardis in disguise, or is it a distant cousin, lost in both time and space? I was going to bring a long scarf in from home, open the door as if to enter and pose for a photo. But I thought better of it: I’m scared.

4 comments:

Rgscarter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rgscarter said...

Hi Hayley,
I tried three times to send this to you by email but the messages keep getting sent back, failing to deliver. So I thought I would just leave it as a comment, although it doesn't relate to this post.
Rod
[PS. I erased my first comment as I had your email address there and thought you might not want it posted. R]
__________________

I have been looking at your website and thought I'd write you a quick note. I have done a (very little) bit of reading on green buildings and those links you put up were very cool - Dockside Green seems amazing; hopefully they will be able to build it as planned. It seems that awareness is growing about how relatively simple elements, such as putting grass on the roof of a building, can have not only huge environmental impacts but also save the building's owners a whole whack of cash in heating/cooling expenses etc.
Anyway, I just thought I should let you know that the two links you added don't work quite as they should- they read "http://http//www....." - you need to cut out the second http// (but make sure that you have the colon after the p and before the / . I was able to get to the sites by copying the link into my browser and editing it. When I clicked on it it took me to microsoft's site.
That's it for now. I should try to get some work done. Hope you have a great day.
Rod

Mike Da Hat said...

The Master had a Tardis as well. His was in the shape of a stone column not a Police phone box. Police phone boxes like that don't exist anymore so it no longer serves it's purpose as a means of being being inconspicuous. Perhaps it has morphed into a filing cabinet. Could be worse could be a coke can vending machine.
Rock on!

Maybelline said...

Thanks Rod, I think I fixed it...